Pathway Safety Plates for Pedestrian Use
Part of Zigma Ground Solutions Safety Product range, TrenchSafe™ delivers safe access for pedestrians during remedial and new groundwork projects, where the areas of work impinge on footpaths and pedestrian areas. Specifically designed to match the needs of construction and streetworks contractors, TrenchSafe is compliant with DETR Safety at Streetworks and Roadworks Code of Practice, BS EN 124 and Safe Working Practise.
The design maximises visibility in low light or poor weather conditions whilst minimising the risk of slips, trips or falls. Incorporating a non-slip leading edge and Zigma's unique high grip 'chevron traction'™ surface, TrenchSafe is a vital consideration in streetworks projects. The tough and durable construction is substantially lighter than steel covers and stronger than wooden sheets, making TrenchSafe ideally suited to cover apertures, bores or trenches during utility, excavations, cabling and maintenance projects.
Made from a single piece, solid colour, glass reinforced SMC (Sheet Material Compound), TrenchSafe is manufactured under ISO9001 accredited quality control. Although tested to a specified weight load of 500kg, this weight load is surpassed due to the incorporation of a ribbed underside to the plate, delivering substantial additional strength.
TrenchSafe comes in two size options to cover apertures, bores and trenches up to a maximum of 700mm or 900mm. Easily installed by a two man team with no specialist equipment required, pre-pressed 25mm 'knock-out' anchor points at each corner enable the plates to be secured safely to roads or pathways by fixing pins.
|25mm knock-out point|
|25mm knock-out point|
Key Features and Benefits
- Non-slip leading edge and unique 'chevron traction'™ surface greatly reduces slips, trips and falls even in adverse conditions
- Ideally suited to cover apertures, bores or trenches during construction or repair work for utility, excavations, cabling and maintenance projects
- Unlike other trench panels, TrenchSafe is made from solid colour, single piece, glass reinforced SMC and manufactured subject to ISO9001 accredited quality control
- Available in two sizes
- Pre-pressed 'knock out' anchor points at each corner to enable the fixing of TrenchSafe™ into position
- Tough and durable construction with strengthened ribbed underside
- Substantially lighter than steel covers.
- Substantially stronger than wooden plates.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Reduced risk of theft - no scrap value
- Easy to install, maximum of two man lift and no specialist equipment required
- DETR Safety at Streetworks and Roadworks Code of Practice compliant
- BS EN 124 and Safe Working Practise compliant
- Optional corporate colours and company branding